tay in motion

where my life is revealed...

 
quote of the day
my heart is too messy to quote anything
now playing
local news
photos
tagboard

the upbringing, violence?
Sunday, June 03, 2007
today while i was taking a bus home from takashimaya, i happened to came across this playful kid.. when he got on the seat in front of me, he started slapping on the seat.. as the seats are quite dusty, smoke of dirt particles could be seen.. so he grew more curious and startd doing it repeatly..

the lady beside mi got very irritated as it was really very unhealthy, so she requested the boy to stop in the presence of the boy's mother.. his mother was also reprimanding him at that time.. but he just smile away and carry on doing it..

this suddenly prompt mi to think back to my childhood whereby whenever i did something wrong outside (outta home), my dad will whisper to me that i will get it when i get home.. and each time it was true and i ended up with lotsa cane marks..

but with the caning was the lecture abt the mistake.. my dad is a very impulsive person.. i used to be caned alot owhen i was young.. i guess that explain for my build.. hahaha.. training from young..

anyway, as the the boy continue to repeat his action.. i was thinking wats the best way to teach him.. shld his parents hit him for his mistakes or shldnt them... i guess its always dilemma for a parent.. some adore their kid so much that they protect them against anything, and everything, forget abt hitting them..

but from my personal point of view, i think where violence shld be minimised, there is still a need to react from different situation.. i think violence can only be useful when u do not use it too often, and when u use it.. make sure the kid know wat the hell is wrong.. if u hit him just for the moment of anger, u are one hell of a screwed person..

wats the point when he do not know wat he/she had done wrongly.. its important for them to realise their mistake and learn a lesson from it.. they need to know and to not repeat the same mistake again...

well, thats my personal view.. till then :)
posted by graky @ 4:37 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
about me

Name: graky
Home: Singapore
About Me: crazy, fun, cheeky, serious, determined and simply unbelieveable~
See my complete profile
previous post
archives
links
powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 tay in motion